- 1 cup Sweet Potato, cubed (125g)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Onion, Chopped
- 2/3 cup Red Pepper, Thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 2 links Chicken Sausage, Sliced
- Salt and Pepper, Pinch of each
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese, (omit for paleo/whole30)
- 2 Eggs
- Hot Sauce, Drizzle
- 1 Green Onion, Sliced
Heat your oven to 400°F.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and cook the cubed potatoes until they are just fork tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
In a large pan, heat the olive oil up on medium heat. Cook the potatoes, onion and red pepper until lightly golden and soft, about 4-5 minutes.
Add in the garlic, chicken sausage and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the sausage is lightly browned. Let sit for 5 minutes to caramelize the bottom.
Sprinkle the grated cheese on and stir to mix it into the potato mixture.
Make two wells in the hash and crack the eggs into them gently. Cover and place into the oven until the eggs are cooked as much as you like them. I like my yolks runny, which took about 4-5 minutes.
Drizzle with buffalo sauce and diced green onion and serve.