- 3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Packed Brown Sugar, light or dark - your choice
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries, still frozen
- Turbinado Sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy – about 4 minutes.
Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix until it is thoroughly combined - about another 4 minutes.
Add in the oat mixture and beat until just combined – about 2 to 3 minutes.
Fold in the frozen blueberries.
Dollop the cookie dough onto the baking sheets in batches at least two inches apart. Lightly sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the tops of the cookies are slightly puffed. They may look slightly under-baked, and that is okay.
Leave the cookies on the baking sheet for about a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.