- 1 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese, grated
- 3 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/4 cups Light Beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 large Egg
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9”x5” loaf pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup white cheddar and 1/4 cup Dubliner cheese. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, dry mustard, kosher salt, cayenne pepper and white pepper. Stir in the remaining cheeses. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, sour cream, beer, Worcestershire sauce and egg.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined being careful not to over mix.
Scrape the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with the reserved cheese mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 55-65 minutes until a tester inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack, in the loaf pan until the loaf pan is just warm to the touch and can easily be handled. Turn the loaf out on to the wire rack and cool completely.