- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 medium Apples, grated
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non stick cooking spray or line with paper liners and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, applesauce, yogurt and grated apple. Add this to the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Divide the batter between the 12 prepared muffin cups, filling almost to the top.
Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350°F.
Bake for another 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- I often replace half or all of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour with good results.
- Regular plain yogurt, sour cream, or vanilla yogurt will all work well in place of the plain Greek yogurt if you don’t have any.
- I always leave the apple peels on when I grate my apples, but you could peel them first if you prefer.