Mushrooms listed are for folks that don't have wild mushrooms on hand.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups onions - sliced or chopped
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme - or half that volume dried
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary - or half that volume dried
- 1 tbsp Butter Buds
- .5 cup dry red wine
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp unbleached all purpose flour
- 4 cups venison stock - or use any brown stock.
- Salt & Pepper - to test
- 6 oz Crimini (baby bella)
- 6 oz Oyster
- 6 oz Shiitake - Cut off and discard the stems.
- Melt butter with olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until golden, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, thyme and...
- Get the full instructions at Killer Noms Wild Game Recipes and Techniques