To change our daily meal, we have been attempting to make varieties of dish with fish for our beloved children to make sure they get enough nutrients, including Baked Salmon with Lemon-Butter Sauce, Baked Fish Lemongrass, etch. At this time, we want the kids to try our traditional braised dish by making Vietnamese Braised Fish. Usually, we use catfish to make the dish and also add pork in it. since the pork will release its fat into the sauce during our braising process, our braised dish will be more tasty and delicious.
- 1 lb catfish steak ((or fillet))
- 1/2 lb pork
- 3 green onion
- 1 shallot
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 4 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp mushroom seasoning ((optional))
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Thinly slice a shallot. For green onion, mince only onion's white part. Chop the green part thinly. Set aside. Cut pork into thin slices....
- Get the full instructions at NPFamily Recipes