Victoria Sponge Cake is a British classic perfect for afternoon tea. Queen Victoria's favorite!
- 7 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing tins
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 10 ounces strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in the center of the oven. Use the extra butter to grease 2 8-inch cake tins. Line the bottom with a...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments