A timeless wholesome meal
- 1 cup rice ( raw, white, short grain)
- 1 cup mung bean/ moong dal/ pasiparippu/ cheupayar (skinned spilt green gram)
- 6 cups Water (drinking quality)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter (can omit)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Black pepper (crushed)
- 1 sprig curryleaves
- 1 pinch hing/ kayam/ asafeoteida (powder)
- Into a dry pressure pan add the clean split moong bean and roast for a minutes. Add in the rice . Stir for a minute Add water and mix it...
- Get the full instructions at Mildly Indian – Trot around the world, savor the flavors.