a basic jerky recipe, also a great platform for tinkering with the ingredients
- 3 lbs venison - trimmed well and sliced, or ground
- 3 tsp salt - table or canning/pickling
- 1 tsp cure - Instacure or Prague Powder #1
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper - fine ground
- to taste black pepper - coarse ground
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Wochestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper powder - to taste, this amount is a suggestion only
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke - Optional. Omit if drying under smoke in a smoker.
- Mix ingredients except meat well in a glass, plastic or glazed crockery bowl. Add the meat and mix. With sliced meat take care to see...
- Get the full instructions at Killer Noms Wild Game Recipes and Techniques