Venison Breakfast sausage spice mix - make up a batch and have turn out fresh breakfast sausage on demand!
- 4 tsp salt (regular table or canning/pickling salt)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp rubbed sage (or finely diced fresh, or ≈powdered)
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg (powdered is an ok substitute in a pinch)
- 1 tsp thyme (a bit more if fresh)
- 1 tsp ground hot pepper (Optional, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional. Generally pretty mild - more visual than taste.)
- 1.6667 lb ground venison (Adjust 50/50 venison/pork ratio to suit your preference.)
- 1.6667 lb pork (Fatty pork butt (shoulder), fatback, or shoulder trimmings.)
- 2/3 cup ice water (Only if stuffing meat into casings)
- Mix together spices. If saving for later place in a sealed container and store in in a cool, dark area. You know, with the rest of your...
- Get the full instructions at Killer Noms Wild Game Recipes and Techniques