There will come a time, when you've eaten too much white rice. Solution? Umeboshi Takikomi (Pickled Plum Cooked Rice). Umeboshi (pickled plum) adds a sublime tart and slightly sour flavor to each bite. And as the rice is coming straight out of the rice cooker, the aroma of pickled plum goes straight to your nose. In a good way. Serve this with any Japanese style meat or fish and you have a new found way to enjoy Japanese rice!
- 2 cup Japanese white rice (I used the cup that came with rice maker so 1C= 200mL)
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- cups dashi to bring liquid level to 2on rice maker (i used a dashi pack)
- 4 pieces umeboshi (marinated in shiso or honey if you prefer sweet)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse rice until water runs clear and add to rice cooker pot. Add mirin, soy sauce, and enough dashi to bring the liquid level to just...
- Get the full instructions at All day I Eat