A wonderful alternative to roasting a whole turkey for Thanksgiving. A mixture of tart apples, onions and spinach is wrapped up in a turkey breast tenderloin, and covered with seasoned bread crumbs. It would also make a great dinner for any time of year!
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple peeled and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4-6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 medium lemons zested and juiced (about 2 tsp. zest and 2 tbsp. juice)
- 3/4 tsp. salt divided
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 12 oz. turkey breast tenderloins
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large skillet, saute the apple and onion in olive oil until tender. Remove from the heat and stir in spinach, bacon, lemon zest,...
- Get the full instructions at Heavenly Home Cooking