Spectacular Tex-Mex appetizer that's best served hot. This black bean dip is filled with salsa, tomatoes with green chilies, cheese, seasonings and fresh cilantro giving it superb flavors and texture. Great for tailgating parties.
- 2- 15-oz. cans black beans (drained)
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic from a jar
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with diced chilies
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 jar salsa (Carrie uses Joe T. Garcia’s Medium)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Mexican mix of some kind)
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil. Add beans. Mash partially with fork. Add remaining ingredients except cheese, cilantro and lime juice....
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen