Beef stroganoff is one of those dishes that is so suited to the slowcooker - the meat becomes so soft and the creamy sauce is pure heaven without too many calories.
- 1- lb stewing beef chunks
- 1- lb sliced baby mushrooms
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pint of Beef stock or beef consomme
- a carton of low-fat creme fraiche or low fat soft cheese
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and add the onions and the stewing beef and the garlic, brown the meat. Add in the mushrooms and season...
- Get the full instructions at Snapshots and Snippets