Tamarind Date Chutney is a sweet and sour sauce that’s perfect for dipping or drizzling. Use it on samosas, pakoras, paneer tikka and all your favorite Indian street foods.
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, optional
- 1 cup tamarind paste, see notes
- In a medium saucepan, bring the dates and 2 cups of water to a boil. Then, let it simmer for 7-8 minutes. Add the jaggery and spices and...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic