This tasty cornbread is a clean eating recipe using honey instead of sugar and wholesome dairy ingredients. This recipe uses stone ground [url href="http://www.wayside.org/" target="_blank" title="stone ground cornmeal - wayside inn"]cornmeal[/url] and [url href="http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/" target="_blank" title="pamela's gluten free flour"]gluten free flour[/url] instead of regular.
- 1 cup Wayside Inn stone-ground cornmeal (or regular cornmeal, not cornmeal mix)
- 1 cup Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup honey or sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. cold Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed (about 1 to 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato)
- Measure cornmeal, gluten free flour, baking powder and salt and place in large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add cold butter and blend...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen