This mouthwatering casserole is so rich and decadent it's like eating dessert! Sweet Potatoes are baked up like a souffle, then a coconut, pecan & Corn Flake topping is added. It's a terrific side dish for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter.
- 2 40-oz. cans sweet potatoes or yams (drained )
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (softened almost to the point of melting (1/4 cup))
- 6 oz. can evaporated milk ((or half of a 12-oz. can))
- 1 cup crushed Corn Flakes cereal ((measure after crushing the cereal))
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (melted (1/4 cup))
- Place drained yams into a large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes with electric mixer until smooth. Add sugar, milk, eggs and ½ stick butter...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen