This sumptuous Sweet Potato Butternut Squash Soup is perfect comfort food on bleary, cold winter days. It's filled with apples, leeks, sweet potatoes, butternut squash & fresh ginger & lightly seasoned with cinnamon. Healthy, low calorie, clean eating, gluten free & vegan.
- 2 large butternut squashes ((2 ½ to 3 lbs. each), peeled and cut in ½-inch chunks )
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled and cut in ½-inch chunks)
- 4 medium gala apples (cored, diced (unpeeled) (or 6 small apples))
- 1 leek (green top removed, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 white onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger (peeled and grated (or more to taste))
- 32 oz. ctn. vegetable broth (or more if desired )
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon (as desired)
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- pumpkin seeds (for garnish, if desired)
- cinnamon (for garnish, if desired)
- Pour vegetable broth into a large Dutch oven or stock pot. Add butternut squash, sweet potatoes, apples, leeks, garlic, onion, ginger,...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen