Delightful cornbread with a sweet flavor that includes a can of creamed corn for great texture.
- 6 tbsp. melted butter (divided use)
- 1 1/4 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal (not cornmeal mix)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or soured milk
- 1 can creamed corn
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using one tablespoon melted butter, butter a large 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Place flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen