This is a classic Cantonese dish. It’s a delectable, saucy, sweet and savoury prawn dish that will have you licking all the sauces off its shell and off your fingers too. It’s truly finger licking. An easy yet delicious recipe for prawn lovers. First deep fry, then stir fry. Cooking time is also quick at about 15 minutes in total. Whether small or large prawns, the recipe and cooking method is the same.
- 300 g prawns (about 8 medium sized prawns) trim, devein, shells kept on, rinse and dry with paper towels
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil or enough to deep fry the prawns
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Marinate prawns with salt and dark soy sauce. Leave aside for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce by combining all the sauce...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew