This lovely side dish is made with orange zest giving it a superb flavor. This is a great side dish for the holidays. Gluten free.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water that you used to cook the beets with
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups cooked beets, sliced or diced (I used 4 fresh beets) (fresh is better than canned)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1-2 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1/3 tsp. black pepper
- In a bowl mix together the sugar, cornstarch and salt; stir in a little of the vinegar to make a smooth paste. Slowly drizzle in the...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen