Tasty soup recipe that's both sweet and savory at the same time! This one includes apples, butternut squash, yogurt and lots of seasonings and spices. Gluten free.
- 2 very large butternut squash – about 5-7 lbs.
- 3 Gala apples, UNPEELED, cored, diced (peel if desired, but I like the apples unpeeled to add extra fiber)
- 3 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup red onions (diced)
- 1 leek, green top removed, sliced (I had to omit this because I didn’t have any)
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 32-oz. containers vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh sage leaves, chopped or ¾ tsp. dry sage (I would probably increase this to a full teaspoon next time)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 heaping tsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 2 cups Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- about 6-8 dashes cayenne pepper (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt for garnish
- snipped chives (green onions or thyme for garnish)
- cinnamon for garnish
- Bake butternut squash in 350 oven until done – about 1 ½ hours. Cool. Peel, remove seeds, mash with potato masher and set aside. In large...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen