Old-fashioned family recipe where green peppers are stuffed with a filling of beef, rice, onion and ketchup. Then it's topped with tomato sauce and brown sugar and baked to perfection. This recipe is gluten free if you purchase gluten free ketchup.
- 6 large green peppers
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. ground chuck (I prefer 96% lean ground beef)
- 1 cup uncooked rice (instant rice works the best)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- about 2/3 cup ketchup
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce for a richer flavor
- brown sugar, about 1 heaping teaspoon for each pepper (I use 1 heaping TABLESPOON)
- Cut tops off peppers and remove pulp and seeds. Place in roaster pan with about 1-2 inches water. Cover with lid and parboil cut-side...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen