Stuffed Cabbage Soup with Barley has all the great flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls without all the work. You get hearty beef, vegetables and delicious broth all in one bowl. Soup is always good food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, (i used 90% lean)
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small head cabbage, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 32 ounces beef stock, or broth
- 2 cups tomato juice, or v8 juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup pearled barley, (dried)
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for about 5 minutes until beef...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic