This lovely dessert has a shortbread crust, topped with strawberry preserves and a coconut topping. It's delightful for holiday parties and Christmas Cookie Exchanges.
- 1 1/2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods) )
- 1 tbsp. milk ((I used half-and-half))
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (cold)
- 12 oz. strawberry preserves
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 cups coconut
- Heat oven to 350°. Spray a 9x13” baking pan or dish with cooking spray. To make crust: mix flour, baking powder in a medium mixing bowl....
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen