Make Strawberry Gelato at home with a grown-up kick; balsamic vinegar and black pepper. Dessert especially for after the kids go to bed.
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 yolks large egg yolks, large
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup strawberry purée, with second cup from strawberry purée recipe reserved for topping
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat the milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat just until steaming, with bubbles forming around the edge of the pan. While the milk...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments