Steamed Mandarin Orange Huat Kueh, a smiling steamed muffin recipe that symbolises lots of good luck and prosperity. This is an extremely easy recipe that showcases Asian flavours with mandarin oranges. Filled with citric aroma, its also a great way to use up extra mandarin oranges during the festive Chinese New Year. The Huat Kueh's vibrant colours and soft texture does not only look pretty but they taste good too. So Enjoy!
- 100 grams all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 tbsp instant yeast
- 200 ml water (room temperature)
- 700 grams Pau flour (sifted)
- 50 grams Tapioca flour (sifted)
- 2 tsp double action baking powder
- 3 mandarin oranges
- 4 eggs (room temperature)
- 500 grams sugar
- 300 ml coconut milk (room temperature)
- First, clean and rinse well the mandarin oranges. Then using a vegetable shredder, grate the orange rind. Peel to remove the skin, remove...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew