This amazing casserole is filled with butternut squash and apple slices and glazed with a cinnamon-brown sugar streusel mixture. It bakes up to perfection and is wonderful as a holiday side dish.
- 2 lbs. butternut or buttercup squash
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 heaping tablespoon flour (or gluten free flour, if desired)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. cinnamon (recipe called for mace, but I use cinnamon)
- 3-4 baking apples (cored)
- Heat oven to 350°. Peel squash with vegetable peeler. Cut in half and remove seeds and fibers. Cut into ¼” slices. Layer in 9x13” baking...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen