Winter spiced, roasted root veg. Perfect with casseroles, or served as a main dish alongside some minted yoghurt.
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 4 large carrots (cut into spears)
- 4 large parsnips (cut into spears)
- 1 tbspn thyme
- 1/2 tspn cumin seeds (lightly crushed)
- 1/2 tspn coriander seed (lightly crushed)
- 1/2 tspn chilli flakes
- 1/2 tspn ground turmeric
- 1 tbspn maple syrup
- small handful mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- 20 g unsalted butter
- Parboil the parnsips and carrots for 5-8 minutes in salted boiling water. You can skip this step and go straight to oven if you like but...
- Get the full instructions at BKM Nutrition