Smooth, creamy, silky and cheesy, this simple potato soup comes together quickly with only a few ingredients. It is a crowd pleaser and perfect for a cool evening meal.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 4-5 large potatoes (peeled and sliced 1/4-1/2" thick)
- 8 cups water or chicken broth (or enough to just cover potatoes in pot)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 8 tsp bouillon (if using water and not broth)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (I like medium or sharp cheddar)
- In a large pot, melt butter and allow to just begin to brown. Add chopped onion and saute until onion is very soft. Next add the sliced...
- Get the full instructions at The Girl Who Serves Spumoni