Shrimp Fra Diavolo is a dish that has plump shrimp and a spicy tomato sauce. Utterly fabulous!
- 2 pounds large shrimp, 26 to 30 per pound with the shell on
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 28 ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup dry white wine, i used casillero del diablo sauvignon blanc
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 fillets anchovy, rinsed, patted dry, and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepperoncini pepper, minced, plus 1 teaspoon brine from pepperoncini jar
- Peel and devein the shrimp, reserving the shells and tails in a small bowl as you go. Place the cleaned shrimp in a large bowl and...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments