Sausage Cornbread starts with a wonderful Paula Deen recipe but adds sausage to the batter. It's absolutely mouthwatering and a cornbread your whole family will enjoy. This southern comfort food is great for any kind of menu including breakfast!
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter (melted, plus butter for the baking dish )
- 1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 1 tbsp. sugar ((or more if you prefer a sweeter cornbread))
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 2 large eggs ( lightly beaten )
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 lb. mild pork sausage (fried and crumbled (you can also use hot sausage if you prefer a spicier flavor))
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage. Break into small clumps while frying. Remove cooked sausage to a paper towel-lined...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen