This scrumptious breakfast casserole is Southern comfort food at its best! Grits are amped up in flavors with the addition of sausage, cheddar cheese and garlic powder. This casserole can be baked the same day or refrigerated overnight. It's wonderful for weekend, company or holiday breakfasts like Mother's Day or Father's Day.
- 4 cups hot, cooked grits
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage (cooked, crumbled and drained well)
- 2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (shredded (10-oz.))
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted (butter, melted)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Cook grits according to package directions. Set aside. Meanwhile, fry sausage until no longer pink. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl,...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen