Charoset is a dip for Matzah (Unleavened Bread) and Marror (Bitter Herbs) eaten during Passover Seder. This recipe is a reconstruction of the original Charoset from the Temple period, a type of Greek and Roman Moretum, a nut, garlic and spices savory dip paste.
- 50 g Garlic (Fresh Cloves)
- 200 g Hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp Coriander (Ground)
- 30 g Celery (Stalks)
- 0.5 tsp Salt (Large Granules, Kosher)
- 6 tbsp Wine Vinegar
- 8 tbsp Olive Oil
- Peel about 1 head of garlic and measure the cloves to weigh 50 grams. Put the garlic, hazelnuts, coriander, celery and salt into a...
- Get the full instructions at Ancient Recipes – Recreating Recipes of the Bible, Talmud and Biblical LandsEmailFacebookPinterestRSSTwitter