Rock Cakes are a sweet and simple snack. Everyone who tries them loves them, and you will too!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, plus a little extra for sprinkling the tops
- whole nutmeg, freshly grated (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup dried currants, or other dried fruit
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cold milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the sugar, nutmeg and allspice. Add the...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic