This lovely soup roasts tomatoes with onions, garlic and leeks in an Italian seasoning-glazed olive oil sauce. Fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, rosemary and chives give it spectacular flavor. Healthy, gluten free, vegan, low calorie and clean eating.
- 25 roma tomatoes (sliced in half lengthwise )
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 large sweet onion (or Vidalia onions, diced)
- 1 leek (green top removed, diced)
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1-1 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2-1 tsp. pepper
- springs of fresh oregano, thyme, rosemary and chives (minced (I used a two to three tablespoons of each, minced))
- 16 oz. carton vegetable broth
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place cut tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, onion, leeks, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen