Rice pudding is creamy, satisfying and a popular dish in the UK where it is traditionally served as a treat after lunch in schools. Find out more about this delicious dessert and learn how to make it yourself.
- 3 1/2 ounces uncooked short grain rice, eg pudding rice or risotto rice
- butter, for greasing the dish
- 2 ounces granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf, or strip of lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150C or 300F. Wash the rice, then drain it well. Grease a baking dish with the butter, then pour in the rice and...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments