This is very spicy. Normal people will want to dial back on the heat.
- 1 lb dry pinto or black beans - comes in 1 lb bags
- 2 quarts venison stock - Substitute poultry, beef or pork stock if you like.
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 5 cloves garlic - smashed and minced
- 1 white onion - sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lard - Can substitute other fats. See "Recipe Notes" for more info.
- to taste salt
- to taste cheese - best added on individual portions at serving time
- to taste Diced peppers - e.g. 6 jalapeno & 1 habanero
- 1 can Chipotles in adobo - Great flavor as well as heat.
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder - Skip if you used the Chipotles in the line above.
- Rinse beans well, checking for surprise rocks, sticks or other nasties. Put beans and olive oil in pressure cooker, add olive oil, mix....
- Get the full instructions at Killer Noms Wild Game Recipes and Techniques