A classic Nyonya Kuih, tinted with a beautiful natural blue from blue pea flowers. Known as Pulut Tai Tai, these Blue Glutinous Rice Cakes are best enjoyed with Kaya coconut jam. It's unbelievably simple to make these at home too! Best for those weekend house parties!
- 800 grams glutinous rice
- 15 stalks blue pea flowers
- 250 grams Thick coconut milk (divide into 180ml and 70ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 pandan leaves (knotted)
- 1 banana leaf (oiled)
- First, wash and soak glutinous rice for at least 2 hours and drained. Then soak blue pea flowers in hot water (150ml) until the water...
- Get the full instructions at Huang Kitchen by Angie Liew