The pork is simply prepared with a sweet-spicy rub, the juices that result from containing all the flavor in the pressure cooker get boiled down to make fantastic barbecue sauce. Slow and low definitely has its place, but I'm glad to be able to bring the barbecue inside in a fraction of the time most other pulled pork recipes call for.
- 3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar plus extra as needed (I used light brown sugar.)
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 boneless pork roast trimmed and cut crosswise into 4 pieces, 4-pound, often labeled Boston butt
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar plus extra as needed
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 6-8 hamburger buns we like King's Hawaiian
- Combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper, then rub mixture evenly over pork. Combine vinegar, water,...
- Get the full instructions at Friday Night Snacks