This is a wonderful guest recipe for prawn curry from my blogger friend Supriya! She also paints a gorgeous picture of her time in Kerala, India.
- 1 pound prawns (peeled and deveined)
- 1 small mango (peeled and grated, stone discarded)
- 10 whole shallots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger (peeled and diced small)
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10-12 whole curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch salt (plus additional to taste)
- Put most of the shallots (reserving 2 tbsps), ginger, garlic, peppercorns, turmeric, chilli and coriander powders into a mortar or...
- Get the full instructions at Jeanie and Lulu's Kitchen