This recipe makes 2 loaves of potato bread that is fit for a sandwich, french toast, or slathered in butter. It is very similar to store bought bread in shape and density and slice-ability.
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup potato cooked, and mashed
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly whisked
- 6 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 egg whisked
- 2 Tablespoon poppyseeds (optional)
- Place the milk in the microwave for one minute and then mix in the vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes. (Or use buttermilk instead). Place the...
- Get the full instructions at Sweet and Savory Breads