This fantastic 30-minute soup recipe tastes like eating Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza but in soup form! It includes pizza sauce, tomatoes, mushrooms & bell peppers. Gluten free.
- 1 lb. mild Italian sausage
- 16 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 large green bell pepper (chopped)
- 15 oz. jar Prego pizza sauce
- 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 5 oz. pkg. miniature pepperoni slices
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning ((or more to taste))
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- mozzarella cheese (shredded, for garnish)
- fresh oregano (for garnish, if desired)
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, sauté sausage until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. (Do not drain grease). Add mushrooms, onions...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen