Pizza Casserole tastes like eating pizza but in pasta form, almost like a lasagna. It has ten layers including mozzarella & ricotta cheeses, ground beef, pepperoni, noodles and an amped up spaghetti/pizza sauce. It is absolutely mouthwatering comfort food. This main dish is terrific for company or potlucks since it can serve 15 people. It's also wonderful reheated for lunches.
- 16 oz. bag wide Amish egg noodles (or rotini noodles )
- 48 oz. jar Ragu or Prego spaghetti sauce ((or any tomato/spaghetti/pizza sauce you prefer))
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded (or more, if desired) )
- 1 to 2 cups ricotta cheese (if desired (I used 2 cups))
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef (or Italian sausage)
- 6 oz. pkg. sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup bell peppers (diced)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (fresh preferred)
- 1/2 cup ripe olives (drained and sliced, if desired)
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning (or more if desired)
- 2 tsp. basil (or more if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Brown the meat; drain. Boil noodles until al dente. Drain; add 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil and stir to...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen