Pineapple angel food cake is the sort of cake you love to make. Simple, sweet, and something that everyone loves.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups super fine sugar, divided plus more for pineapple puree and whipped cream (to taste)
- 1 3/4 cups egg whites, approximately 13 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch, divided
- 1 tablespoon water, very warm
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups pineapple, fresh
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey, optional
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- For the Cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Measure 1 cup cake flour then sift and re-measure. Sift 3/4 cup caster sugar removing any clumps...
- Get the full instructions at Savory Experiments