Piccalilli is a low cost and easy food that lasts for months. A British staple you'll love!
- 8 ounces cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 6 ounces shallot, sliced into small pieces
- 6 ounces cucumber, chopped into small pieces
- 6 ounces carrot, chopped into small pieces
- 3 ounces green beans, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 5 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Add all the vegetables to a large bowl, cover with water and stir in the salt. Cover with a towel and leave for 1 hour. After 1 hour...
- Get the full instructions at Food Fanatic