Pesto Potato Soup is absolutely awesome. This soup is filled with red potatoes, carrots, leeks, & bell peppers and seasoned with basil pesto sauce, parmesan cheese and bacon. It's terrific for fall or winter nights and certainly nice enough to serve for company. We love this recipe!
- 1 batch Pesto Red Potatoes ((see note below) )
- 1 stick unsalted butter ((8 tbsp.) (see note below))
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1 qt. half-and-half
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 leek (green top removed, sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 ribs celery (diced)
- pink Himalayan sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices bacon (crisp fried, broken into bite-sized pieces)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- fresh Parmesan cheese (shredded, for garnish)
- Prepare Pesto Red Potatoes. (See note below). While potatoes are baking, fry bacon. Set aside. In a large stockpot or Dutch oven, melt...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen