Peaches 'n Cream Custard is a light, fruity and pudding-type dessert made with loads white flesh peaches. It's really more like a custard than a cake. It's a terrific dessert to serve company after heavy meals because it's not overly rich or calorie laden. This dessert can be made with either fresh or canned peaches. If you enjoy fruity desserts, this one is calling your name!
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk (discard white)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter (cooled after melting)
- 1/2 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 6 to 7 fresh peaches (peeled, pitted and diced (I used white flesh peaches))
- brown sugar ((about a teaspoon to sprinkle into the bottom of the pan) )
- powdered sugar (to sprinkle over top before serving)
- Grease a 9” spring form pan. Cover the bottom of the spring form pan with parchment paper. Grease parchment paper and sprinkle lightly...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen