This lovely Peach Upside Down Cake has fresh peaches on the bottom. A homemade caramelized sugar sauce is ladled over the top. Then cake batter is poured over all. A true fan favorite, this beautiful and festive cake is absolutely heavenly and the perfect cake to serve company or for holidays.
- 1/4 lb. unsalted butter (softened, (1 stick) plus butter to grease the pan )
- 3 large ripe peaches (pitted and sliced in 1/8 to 1/4" slices)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup UNBLEACHEDall-purpose flour ((bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350. Place a 10-inch round cake dish on top of parchment paper. Cut a round from the parchment paper that will fit the cake...
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen