Peach Slab Pie is one of the most drool-worthy desserts you'll ever eat! This fantastic pie is filled with fresh peaches, cinnamon and nutmeg. A delectable powdered sugar icing is added on top that adds incredible flavor. This slab pie is perfect for summer or fall baking when fresh peaches are in season. Everyone at your tailgating party, backyard barbecue or potluck will rave over this delectable dessert.
- 3 recipes double crust pastry ( or homemade pie crust )
- 12 cups sliced, peeled, fresh peaches (or 2 about 16-oz. bags frozen peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour ( (bleached flour toughens baked goods))
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter (cut in small pieces)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp. half-and-half (or about 1 tbsp. water)
- Grease a large 13”x19” cookie sheet (with edges). Roll out half of the pastry to a rectangle that will fit and overlap the cookie sheet....
- Get the full instructions at Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen